6th Grade Orientation

Thursday morning, the 6th graders from all the different elementaries filed into Chaffin’s gymnasium to listen to their opportunities as a new Chaffin Cougar. The Student Council officers introduced each new group, and let their respective representatives tell the students a little bit more about their organization.  

Mr. Marshell started off the orientation by introducing the students to Chaffin’s expectations. Next, The Chaffin Orchestra performed two pieces, Radioactive by Imagine Dragons and The Main Title from the first Avengers movie. Lexie Mosby and Will Green spoke next about our Student Council. Then Ivan Welborn spoke about his experience as a Chaffin Mentor and talked to the students about the process of becoming a mentor.

FBLA was next, represented by a stellar speech from Vivian Apple. Asher Gibson then talked about Partners in Christ, followed by a performance by the new 2017-2018 Chaffin Charmers. As the Chaffin Band walked onto the gym floors, the 6th graders with “I’m with the band” shirts stared in awe. After that, Bailey Vega and Maddye Hall spoke about the Cougar Print.

Thess Holloway gave a great introduction for Chaffin Choir, which sung “Life is a Highway.” by Rascal Flatts. Gabe Pendleton and Grace Browning spoke about Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and then Jacob Null, Macie Grams, and Braxton Waller talked about seventh grade athletics. GATE followed this up with a demonstration of some of their work from this year, and Robotics showed off one of their robots, Quizbowl also spoke at the orientation. The Chafffin Cheerleaders closed up the performances and demonstrations at orientation, and Mr. Marshell gave a closing statement. Good luck to our future seventh graders here at Chaffin!