New Teacher – Mr. Smothers

Lakaya Johnson, Writer

Today I am interviewing with Mr. Smothers in room 108 the Career Development room on a normal Tuesday morning. Mr. Smothers is one of are new teachers at chaffin. Mr.Smothers has experience teaching before in Mulberry where he taught career development and Science. He also has taught in Paris where he taught Career Development and Health.

Mr.Smothers attended college at Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, when attending college Mr. Smothers set out to be a coach but took a liking to teaching instead. Students think he is a wonderful teacher at Chaffin and tries to make students understand what he’s teaching. When we asked Mr.Smothers if he had changed his teaching skills in anyway, he stated “no, I teach all my students equality in all the schools I have taught at.” Mr.Smothers also stated that his opinion towards Chaffin is outstanding, he overall thinks Chaffin is a great school and all his students have a positive attitude towards learning. Mr.Smothers likes Chaffin very well and wouldn’t change anything about this school.

From the opinions I have been given from the 8th graders in Career Development this year states that “Mr. Smothers shows no sign of favoritism in any of his classes and is one of the nicest, coolest, and funniest teacher they have had so far.”

Before moving to Fort Smith, Mr. Smothers lived in Paris. 

We have asked Mr. Smothers about how he personally feels about Chaffins rules and procedures, he stated that “the rules at Chaffin are remarkable, they keep students accountable and well organized.” Mr. Smothers is excited to be teaching at Chaffin and can’t wait for many more years to come.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “New Teacher – Mr. Smothers”

1. Lashawna Johnson on October 6th, 2017 7:50 pm

Mr Smothers sounds like a fun teacher.

[Reply]

2. Kay Corley on October 6th, 2017 8:15 pm

Good job

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Chaffin Junior High
New Teacher – Mr. Smothers