2017 Football Jamboree

Autumn Sloan

With the 2017 season Football Jamboree quickly approaching we decided to ask some of our 2017 Chaffin Cougar 9th grade football players their favorite things about the sport and the team.

Marlon Briggs #55:

Marlon is our defensive tackle and left guard. He’s been playing since kindergarten and can’t wait to play in High School. Marlon says that “our Chaffin team is working hard in practice on defense and offense to come up with better and more efficient plays, and the team is also scrimmaging to beat our biggest rivals” like Ramsey and Darby. We asked Marlon about what he thinks is our team’s biggest weakness and biggest strength, he says that “the team needs to work on calling/catching the ball, and that the biggest strength is our team’s defense.” One of Marlon’s long term goals with the sport is to go pro!

Tavares Thomas #62:

Tavares is our defensive end and tackle. Tavares has been playing football since the 6th grade and he’s also hoping to play in high school. We asked him “What’s one of your goals for the sport?” Tavares told us that “I’m hoping to go pro when I’m older.”. He told us that “Our team’s biggest strength is that we’re a team and we use teamwork, and we’re always here for each other.” Tavares told us that how our team is going to win against our biggest rival, Ramsey, he answered “Well we’re going to beat Ramsey because we’re better!”

That concludes our 2017 Football Jamboree and interviews with some of the players on our Chaffin Cougar Football Team. Don’t forget to come out and support the Chaffin Cougar Football Team on Thursday nights!

5 Comments

5 Responses to “2017 Football Jamboree”

1. Daniel Jones on August 25th, 2017 4:26 pm

Great article! Good content and pictures. Good job autumn!

[Reply]

2. naxya on August 25th, 2017 4:57 pm

good job :))

[Reply]

3. Eli on August 30th, 2017 9:12 am

I think that we will win yea dab for football yea more dab yea

[Reply]

4. Eli on August 30th, 2017 9:17 am

dab

[Reply]

5. Jermiah on August 30th, 2017 2:42 pm

i like that our team work hard

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Chaffin Junior High
2017 Football Jamboree