Chaffin Vs Greenwood: The Ultimate Street Fight

Slate Stanton

If you hadn’t heard the news of this notorious battle, the high-scoring Chaffin Cougars are facing the undefeated Greenwood Bulldogs. This game will be played at Greenwood at 7:00 PM. Last time the ninth grade faced Greenwood, we beat their team and ended their undefeated season. Chaffin will have to pull out all the stops in order to stop the ferocious Bulldogs.

Bad news came to the Cougars. Their starting quarterback Parker Wehunt has injured his ankle. Although there is no fracture or muscle injury, he just got off his crutches on Tuesday, September 24. Possibly Christian Smitherman or Ian Hardwick may start over him if coach decides Parker is to hurt to start. In good news, Chaffin’s true talent comes in their defense. With powerhouses such as Marlon Briggs, Jack Hannan, Tavares Thomas, and Ayden Hosier. The backfield is also a force to be reckoned with. With two picks and two fumble recoveries, Greenwood will have to have serious ball protection.

Another problem Chaffin will face with for this game is Greenwood’s Hunter Wilkinson. He is their biggest weapon to the table when it comes to this game. As their running back, he has racked up lots of yards over his past three seasons with Greenwood. He will do anything it takes to get into that end zone.

With the combined forces of Greenwood’s Hunter Wilkinson and Chaffin’s injured quarterback, the outcome for this game will most likely be Greenwood 30, and Chaffin 21. As the game approaches, and both teams are getting ready, this will be one heck of a game for the history books. Whether it ends with a blowout, game-winning field goal, or a very defensive game, I think we will all agree this was a great game.