My Hero

Layla Kifer

A hero is someone who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievement, or noble qualities. My mom’s name is Natalie and she has fought through unimaginable situations, and would risk her life for any of her kids. And that is why she is my hero.  My mom didn’t have it easy growing up, and neither have I. She is very experienced and knows what to do when I am put in bad situations because she went through the exact same thing as a kid. I will always appreciate my mom for making all the sacrifices that she makes for me, my brother and my sister. My mom does so much for me and my siblings. From throwing our birthday parties, to taking us out to eat, to bringing us lunch on our birthdays, to coming to my choir concerts. One special thing she did for me that I remember is when she stayed at a hotel with me and 6 of my friends for my birthday. In one tiny hotel room. I was very happy because she agreed to watch seven kids over night all by herself. She will always put her kids need first. She will forever be my hero. 

Gina Carey once said, “A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.” I feel like this quote strongly relates to my mom because she is always down and prepared to easily conquer any challenge. My mom, Natalie, is my hero and will always be my hero and I will never fail her.