Red Queen Review

Paige Christenberry, Writer

“In school, we learned about the world before ours, about the angels and Gods that lived in the sky, ruling the earth with kind and loving hands. Some say those are just stories, but I don’t believe that. The Gods rule us still. They have come down from the stars, and they are no longer kind.”

The Red Queen series is a four book series written by Victoria Aveyard. I’ve read the first book fully and sadly haven’t gotten to the other three, but so far, I give this book a 10/10 review.

Red Queen is a fantasy-romance with an interesting plotline, twists and turns at every corner, and characters that are constantly changing, this book is absolutely amazing. It starts off slow but begins to become more exciting around the middle of the story. This book has so many unpredictable events in the plot line that makes it hard to guess what will happen and it constantly keeps you on your toes. Despite this, the surprise character backgrounds and seemingly random twists are thrown in to add more adventure to the pages. It does not sound clumsy at all and is probably one of the most well-written books I’ve ever read. I definitely suggest it if you have an interest in fantasy or adventure. 

About the Writer
Paige Christenberry, Writer

Paige Christenberry is a 14-year-old Freshman who has been in Journalism for a total of two years. She dances outside of class and has had an interest in writing since she was young. This year she hopes to improve her writing more and she wishes to step out of her bubble and become more social.  She is excited to work with her classmates and make reading the print fun in some way or another. She has three little brothers, three dogs, and two cats who she loves a lot. She hopes to make her freshman year the best one she has had yet.~