Best Decade of Disney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Best Decade of Disney

Emily Linthavong, Writer

The years 2000 to 2015 were the years Disney was thriving and worth binging. Have you ever wondered what the shows are since Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, or Good Luck Charlie? Well, let’s get right on to why Disney was better from 2000 to 2015 due to those shows listed!

Old Disney, from 2000 to 2015, was the best time period of Disney shows and movies. Many young children and teens can argue why Disney is great now, but everyone can agree that Disney before 2015 was the best of the best. The shows they have now are basically remakes of what we grew up watching. Disney producers even made a new High School Musical with new characters and a different plot. Kind of disrespect to Zac Efron and the cast! High School Musical was original and had all of us excited with high expectations of what high school would be like. Sadly we cannot break out into singing and dances during class time! Shows like Hannah Montana, That’s So Raven, Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie, Sonny with a Chance, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Shake It Up, and so many more taught us what family was all about and made us laugh along the way. The shows back then also taught us real-life situations and were more genuine. They all had an equal amount of drama, comedy, and music throughout every show.

However, this generation of Disney shows will never be compared to the ones listed above. New shows like Andi Mack, Bizaardvark, Coop and Cami Ask the World, and more, are shown to have no creativity what-so-ever. Disney Channel has to air its episodes quickly due to their schedule. Due to the fact stated, it all seems so rushed, so it seems like there is no meaning to the episode. Not saying that every show Disney Channel produced was terrible, just seemed rushed and not a lot of creativity. Some episodes shown are kind of cringy to watch for about 20 to 30 minutes. Producers are just running out of ideas and just coming up with what is already produced or remaking old ones. In addition, the shows are very stereotypical. They make it seem as parents in the show do not understand what is going on with their children as they are always acting up. This sends a message to children watching that it is okay to disobey their parents by being overly dramatic to win arguments. 

In the end, everyone loves Disney Channel and what they produce to entertain young children and teens. Due to everything stated before, the best decade of Disney was for sure 2000 to 2015! Anyone can argue all they want, but no show or movie created now can compete against what Disney produced from 2000 to 2015.