Volleyball Player, Taliyah Connor

Back to Article
Back to Article

Volleyball Player, Taliyah Connor

Emily Linthavong, Writer

Volleyball is a very competitive sport at Chaffin Junior High. That is one of the reasons why Taliyah Connor likes playing. Taliyah Connor is new to the volleyball team at Chaffin this year. However, she has been playing for three years other than at school. 

One person Taliyah looks up to is her father. He was a good athlete and was very inspiring and real at times. Speaking of strengths in sports, Connor stated that she can be quite loud at games, which is a good thing at times. Although, one of her biggest weaknesses is not being able to pass the ball. Her position on the court is an outsider. Taliyah wants to continue playing through high school, not college, however. Speaking of college, she wants to go down to her hometown, Greenville, South Carolina, and attend Clemson University. She said she wants to go back to spend time and see family often. In the future at Clemson University, Connor said she might want to become a doctor that specializes in pregnancy and childbirth, a gynecologist. Ironic that she dislikes science and wants to become a doctor!

Other than volleyball and school, Taliyah is the middle child with an older sister and younger brother. Connor was born on June 27, 2005, in Greenville, South Carolina. She said that she loves to eat during her free time and has a lot of self-love and confidence in herself. Most people think less of themselves and Taliyah said she gets annoyed by that and thinks highly of herself in a good, loving way. One thing that she wanted to add is that people should follow their dreams and do not let anyone say you can do this and do that!

In the end, Taliyah Connor is a nice and outgoing student and athlete. Go and support Chaffin Lady Cougars on Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:30!