Community Bible: A Church For All

Lexi Ortiz and

As we start to become older teenagers, we start to think about being a Christian, Catholic, or maybe something else. We start to question the bible, the existence of the Holy Father, we question many things about religion. We start to question ourselves and the things we do. Do we want to commit to being a follower, do we HAVE to do something because the bible tells us to do it?

If you are one of those people who question yourself, come join us at Community Bible on Wednesdays. At Community Bible, Wednesdays are days for students from 6th to 12th grade to learn more about the bible and Jesus Christ himself. We don’t only learn about the bible. We also learn about being a teenager. By being a teenager I mean our insecurities, big thoughts, questions, and more. Community students exists to empower teenagers to “do far more than they or adults expect them to do.” Everyone is welcome and no one is judged. We’re all just a big family. Community students is also a way to socialize and meet new people. You’ll also see a lot of students from Chaffin who already go there so you most likely won’t have to worry about not knowing anyone. Community Bible Students is a group of very trustable, friendly, teenagers, and leaders. If it’s your first day there, one of the student leaders will help you and guide you around before church. Student leaders are usually high schoolers so they’re very relatable and it’s not as awkward talking to them as it would be talking to an adult. They’re just regular teenagers just like you and I.

On a normal Wednesday we meet at the back of the church parking lot. There you can find other peers playing games such as 4 square, basketball, football, gaga ball, or just hanging out and talking. Inside you can play on the ping pong table, chill out, or hang out while we wait. Around 6:45, our lead pastor calls us in and we all go inside to the worship room. Inside of the worship room, you’ll hear a song playing and a timer on the screen. This is a good time to pray or just capture the moment. Once the timer hits zero, everyone is usually on their seats. We all get up out of our seats and some girls like to go to the front of the room. We hear a song playing and the girls are jumping up and down, sort of like a concert in front of the church. This usually gets us all pumped up. We hear a few more worship songs and then hear our lesson of the day led by our student pastor, Chris Stacy. We hear one or two more worship songs. During the last two worship songs, our pastor encourages us to all just spread out and try to reach out to Jesus and let him in our hearts, let him know we’re there, we hear him, and we love him. We treat those moments with respect and we don’t judge anyone. We treat those moments however we want to by praying, listening to the lyrics in the song, or getting in touch with Chris and asking him how we can let Jesus in our lives if we don’t know how to or want to know more. Then we go off to small groups. Whatever gets said between small groups stays between small groups. It’s a unique way of showing respect to the other boys/girls in your small groups because a lot of personal stuff gets said in them. We also sign in during small groups. After small groups, church ends around 8:00 to 8:30 p.m. We can all just hang out or do whatever just like the beginning of church while we wait for our rides at the end of the day.

Come join us at Community Bible on a Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. If you’re nervous about coming, don’t be. Everyone is very welcoming and friendly. I remember thinking I wouldn’t know anyone or see anyone I knew. Trust me, I saw a lot more people than I expected. Everyone one so welcoming and made me feel like I belonged faster than ever. If you already go to Community Bible, try to share this article to try to invite others to church. Every invite counts so try to spread the word. If you have any more questions you can email our student pastor at [email protected]. You can also check out the community students facebook, instagram, and youtube. They even have a website at communitstudents.org. I hope to see you there soon!